On Monday, 3/16, you are required to post your first complete draft of essay one to Dropbox. I am calling this a second draft, however, since I assume that you will be building on and developing work you did in one (or more) of your first three “w” pieces.
In writing your e1d2, I’d like you to keep in mind my guidelines on drafting. I will also expect you to document any other texts you discuss more precisely than I have insisted upon previously. We will go over the Chicago style of documentation in class on Thurs, 3/12.
I will ask you to read and write some comments on three of your classmates e1d2s.(See Responding for guidelines.) They will also read and write comments on your your draft. We will then spend much of our class on Tuesday, 3/17, sharing and discussing those responses. Your next task will be to compose a revising plan and email it to me. (Your comments and plan will together count as w4.)
I will read your e1d2 and your revising plan closely and discuss them with you early in the following week. (I need to cancel class on Thurs, 3/19, in order to attend a professional conference.) The final version of your first essay (e1d3) is due on Mon, 4/06, although you may submit it any time before then.
Good luck! I look forward to reading your essay!
- Mon, 3/16, 11:00 am: Post e1d2 to your group Dropbox folder.
- Tues, 3/17, 11:00: Print out and write responses to your group members’ essays. Bring these written comments with you to class.
- Mon, 3/23, 11:00 am: Email your revising plan to me. (Along with your written comments this will count as w4.)
- Tues, 3/24, or Wed, 3/25: Meet with me in a one-to-one conference to talk about your current draft and your plans for e1d3.
- Mon, 4/06, 11:00 am: Post the final version of your first essay (e1d3) to Dropbox.